Welcome home to 1401 Portner Road. This end-unit all-brick Colonial-style townhome is located in a fabulous location. Privately set back on a hidden corner lot next to an adorable pocket park this home is walkable to everywhere you want to be! Generous light-filled rooms with crown moldings, hardwood floors and 2 fireplaces are just a few special features of this home. The main level living room with an inviting fireplace is perfect for entertaining or everyday living. Adjacent is the formal dining room with modern lighting that extends the entertaining space. Enjoy cooler fall evenings on the newly updated composite deck located steps off the dining room. The fully fenced-in backyard along with the welcoming front yard (and gorgeous cherry blossom tree!) are ideal for those who prefer less lawn maintenance. New in 2021, the upgraded kitchen features gorgeous two-toned cabinetry, complementing the sleek quartz countertops, white subway tile backsplash and stainless-steel appliances. This space would be super easy to expand upon to add additional cabinetry for more storage should the need arise. The upper level boasts two generous bedrooms and a stunning hall bath. The ownerâs bedroom is spacious and airy and offers a large walk-in closet, plenty of space for a king bed and dressing area! On the lower level a welcoming rec room with fireplace is a perfect family room or guest suite. You will also find an updated full bath, and a delightfully large laundry/utility room tucked discreetly away. Both baths have been completely updated with stylish fixtures and hardware, custom tile floors and white subway tile. This fantastic residence with its private location and little traffic means: super fun summer block parties with your neighbors, teaching someone to ride their bike without cars coming through, relaxing out on your front lawn and enjoying a great book, the possibilities are endless! Close to Old Town amenities, including 2 grocery stores (Trader Joe's + Harris Teeter), fabulous restaurants, coffee shops, shopping, and more! 12-minute walk to Braddock Metro Station to catch the Blue and Yellow lines. Convenient to major commuter routes including GW Parkway, N Washington Street, Route 1, King Street, plus a quick drive to I-395 to DC, the airport, or the Pentagon. NO HOA OR CONDO FEES, OR CUMBERSOME RULES!
Hot Water Heater, Sump Pump, Electric Water Heater
1,342 sq. ft
Alexandria City Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Attic
- Galley Kitchen
- Dishwasher, Stove, Washer, Dryer, Refrigerator, Disposal, Microwave, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Single Oven, Electric Range/Cooktop, Appliance Center, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Tile
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating. Heat Pump.
- Full Finished, Partial, Heated, Workshop
- 2. Brick, Mantle, Fireplace Screen, Wood-burning.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Combination Living/dining Room, Open Floor Plan, Attic Storage, Crown Molding, Window Treatment, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- Paved Driveway.
- Deck, Patio
- Rear, Privacy Fence, Wood
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Sidewalks, Street Lights, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard. Corner, Cul-De-Sac, Front Yard, Landscaping, Rear Yard, Private.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price